091 MOORE’S WOOD
Penetrating Stain – Water Based For interior Use
A water based odorless penetrating stain formulated with special resins. Its depth and clarity of tone emphasize the natural pattern and characteristics of the wood grain. It features uniform penetration and quick drying. Can be tinted to produce colors using Benjamin Moore’s Woodstain color card.
Spreading Rate : 8 – 10 m2/ l depending on wood porocit
Dry Time at 20°C : 30 minutes to touch, 1 – 2 hours to recoat
Thinning : Do not thin
For application by : Brush, roller, spray
- Odorless – uniform penetration
- Transparent, doesn’t cover wood grain
- Decorating colors
- Easy application, dries quickly
- For interior use
Color: Clear. Can be tinted to produce colors using Benjamin Moore Woodstain Color Card.
Toxicity: Formulated without lead or mercury
Gloss Level: 0-5 at 60 degree viewing angle.
- Weather Resistance : Not applicable
- Heat Resistance : Not applicable
- Abrasion Resistance : Not applicable
- Solvent Resistance : Not applicable
VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds): 091 Moorwood Penetrating Stain: belongs to the category A/f WB (Interior and Exterior minimal build woodstains). EU Limit: 130g/l (2010).
- Surface must be clean, dry and free of dirt, oil or grease.
- Completely remove old or poorly adhering varnish and paint to expose new wood.
- Surfaces must be sanded and remove dust.
- On tropical wood wash down with nitro thinner to remove resins that may lenghten dry times.
- If mildew is evident it must be removed by scrubbing with a commercial mildew wash, following manufacturers direction and cautions.
- Stir thoroughly before and during use.
- Apply without thinning 1 or 2 coats by brush, roller or paint applicator.
- The actual color of the stain can vary depending on wood type, natural color, texture, grain porosity, and number of coats that were applied.
- For best results top coat with 092 MOORWOOD SANDING SEALER and then finish with 2 or 3 coats of 422/423 STAYS CLEAR Acrylic Polyourethane.
- Do not apply when temperature is below 10°C or against the hot sun.
- Drying times are longer in cool/moist conditions.
- Equipment Cleaning: Clean equipment in warm, soapy water.
Notice: If greater protection against woodworm, insects, fungi, and other micro-organisms is needed use 090 MOORWOOD PENETRATING PRESERVATIVE